Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Swollen

Today I woke up with my left hand hurting.  Well, actually the pain is mostly centered around my middle finger; I couldn't even bend it when I got out of bed.  This is highly aggravating because I work with my hands all day long.  I use them to do numerous household tasks, to pick up and hold my son, to play with him, and to get all important work done.  It's kind of hard to run a crocheting business when you can't even hold a hook! 

So I took two aspirin and a water pill to see if I could pull some fluid off of the joint and ease the pain.  The aspirin did nothing, but the water pill seems to have helped.  I finally managed to take a shower, and even did some dishes.  The dishes were nice because I got to soak my hand in the hot water which felt really good.  Now my finger is about 2/3 of the way bendable and I'm trying to get real work done.  Will probably be taking something stronger for pain, as soon as I find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment