Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ups and Downs

     Every day is something different when you deal with psoriatic arthritis.  One day everything is great, pain is minimal, plaques are few and are not irritated; the next day is absolutely miserable.  There are, of course, in between days, where there is only pain in select areas, but lately it seems to be all or nothing here.  I have been on the Celebrex now for a couple of months and I'm starting to wonder if I am already building up an immunity to it, or if my disease is just progressing beyond what the 400mg/day can handle.  Besides the Celebrex I have also been on prednisone (again) for the past 3 weeks.  Like most everyone else, I dislike the steroids because they lead to weight gain.  It has helped my hands, though, so that I have been able to do more of the tasks that previously left me completely distraught. At least that was the case, until the past couple of days.
     My hands are pretty swollen, and they have been hurting in spite of the medicine.  Also my knees are hurting rather badly.  Both of my kneecaps feel like someone has taken a hammer and beaten them.
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment