Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Waiting Game

     When all else fails what do you do? Wait, wait, and wait some more.  The problem with this is that if you are an impatient person like I can sometimes be, it can drive you absolutely bananas! Also, if you are experiencing a massive outbreak of psoriasis along with a severe bout of your arthritis, and the thing they want you to play the waiting game on is the medication that will help you get better, it is worse than frustrating. 
     Once again I have been told that we must start this paperwork process over.  Now I have no idea how long it will be until things are straightened out; no clue as to when the medicine might actually be delivered. I have been waiting for 6 months, and have no other choice but to wait longer.  The depression I thought had been cleared up by the hopefulness that just maybe this time I would really get the medicine is returning.  I am frustrated, aggravated, upset, feeling helpless, and hopeless at times.  I try to find some positive in the fact that I'm not currently confined to the bed like I was for most of winter, I can still do some things.  But each day it feels like the pain is slowly increasing again, and the plaques are driving me insane.  I'm tired of looking like a leopard, itching all the time, having skin that flakes off I even breathe too hard, and I'm absolutely sick of the inflammation and pain.      
     Time to put on some music and let The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band remind me that "if you ever wanna see a rainbow...you've got to stand a little...rain..."

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'm not sure which treatment you're waiting for, but if your access to this medication has anything to do with being uninsured or underinsured, check out the Psoriasis Foundation's financial resources page: http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1307.

    Also, there's a list of questions on their website that help you think through the treatment decision-making process: http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=474.

    ReplyDelete