Thursday, July 21, 2011

Support

     My husband and I attended a seminar sponsored by the National Psoriasis Foundation and entitled "More Than Skin Deep", in Washington, D.C. last weekend (July 16th).  At this seminar we met some truly wonderful people and gained valuable information for our fight against this disease.  Not only did we learn about the disease itself, but also about treatment and support options, as well as had the opportunity to meet others who suffer from this disease.  We are both very glad that we went.
      Support for people who have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis is very, very important.  That is one of the main reasons I started this blog, along with reaching out to spread awareness to those who do not understand the kind of struggles that someone with this disease faces.  In addition to my blog, and the newly developed line of awareness jewelry, I am in the process of starting a local psoriasis support group.  I really feel that there is not enough that I can do to help find a cure for this.  I struggled for so long without any answers, and have been dealt both good and bad cards along the way since being diagnosed. It is by the grace of God that I am where I am today.  I want others to know that they are not alone in this fight, to show them that there is someone who understands their pain, but also revels with them in their joy over the smallest of victories. 
     I will do everything in my power to help find a cure.  My husband and son have both agreed to join me for an NPF Walk for Psoriasis, in D.C. on September 17th.  Between now and then we will be working on various fundraising efforts for the walk.  Stay tuned to your inbox for more info. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment